Air Force STEM Engineering Club
Virtual Engineering Club is an after school club designed to engage middle school students in using their minds and hands to learn basic principles of engineering by designing, building, testing, and redesigning their own working devices. The curriculum combines guided investigations with fun, open-ended design challenges, emphasizing hands-on experience in solving practical engineering problems through creativity and the application of scientific ideas.
Up to 20 students in grades 6-8 will work in online groups and in solo home activities, using recycled or inexpensive craft materials and simple electronic components to build and test their own engineering creations. Materials will be provided and no prior experience is required.
Virtual Engineering Club runs for 8-weeks, on Wednesdays, beginning on February 24, 2021.
This program is full and registration has now ended.
Virtual Engineering Club Details
- Wednesday, February 24, 2021
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Wednesday, March 17, 2021
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021
- Wednesday, April 14, 2021
- Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Time: 3:30 - 5:00 pm
Place: Online- Zoom Live Stream
Age Group: Grades 6th - 8th
Max Club Size: 20 students. Spots will be filled on first-come-first-serve basis.
Parents will be required to pick up material packets from the Griffiss Institute, located at 592 Hangar Road, Rome, NY 13441.
- There will be no club meeting on Wednesday, April 7, 2021, due to Spring Break recess.
- Only students in grades 6-8 are able to particicate. No exceptions.
- At this time, Engineering Club is only open to students in the Mohawk Valley region.