A virtual, collaborative research environment consisting of more than 50 member colleges and universities, 10 of which are located in New York State. The institute provides a unique opportunity for members of academia to work with the U.S. Air Force to advance the state-of-the-art in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) and Cyber for the Air Force, Department of Defense and commercial applications. This government-university partnership promotes and expands research in information technology areas of interest to the Air Force.
Information Institute Objectives:
- Create a shared research infrastructure among the member institutions for the purpose of enabling collaborative research
- Strengthen Information Directorate ties with member universities
- Establish new and strengthen existing ties among member universities
- Leverage research opportunities within and outside the Information Directorate
- Open doors to the Information Directorate's varied research activities and facilities
- Leverage university resources to benefit the Information Directorate's research base
- Enhance educational opportunities for the II members and the Information Directorate staff
Learn more about the Information Institute
Membership with the Information Institute provides opportunities such as advanced event notifications, early announced summer program information, and first solicitation opportunities for specific project collaboration. Membership is a 5-year, no cost arrangement via an Educational Partnership Agreement with AFRL/RI. Current membership has representation from minority, technical, private and state colleges and universities.
"AFRL/RI Information Institute" is a registered trademark of the United States Air Force.